So as I wait for my amazing family and friends to set up downstairs for my bridal shower, I thought I would write a little blog. At first, waking up today, I was NOT feelin' getting up out of bed. It was dark, gloomy, thundering and lightening..and pouring. YUCK! First it was hurricaning last weekend for my bachelorette party, now THIS weather for my shower? Ew Ew Ew...But then I just take a deep breath and pretend the rain is getting itself out of it's system so I have a sunshiny gorgeous day for my wedding :) Fingers crossed! (on a plus side...right now the sky is lightening up a little..let's up it doesn't stop there!)
I'm going to rewind to last night for a minute. My good friend, Kristy (who her and her husband are family to me..and I haven't seen in about a YEAR!) arrived around midnight to attend my shower this weekend. Needless to say I was SO excited to see her!! To add a cherry on top? Around 1am someone walks through my front door and who is it? Matt's nephew Zach and his mom Kaitlyn (Matt's sister)! I had NO idea my future in-laws were coming into town! Good job, folks, for keeping such a great secret!!
So now everyone is downstairs setting up the decorations and putting out the food, mixing drinks..and I cannot WAIT to see how it turns out!! My mom and sister decided to do a Mad Hatter Theme Shower..so all the guests will be wearing hats, we have lots of food, and I have a feeling the look is going to be colorful and whimsical. (Since my wedding is a Disney wedding, and my reception has a LITTLE inspiration from Alice in Wonderland, it's only appropriate to have a crazy tea party!)
Okay, well I have to start getting pretty. I will keep you posted on how it turned out and I will post pictures once I jetset back to California! (Like I mentioned before, my camera cord is there..silly me, to forget it!)
Alrighty, can't be late, can't be late for a certain date! xo

No comments:
Post a Comment