A princess throws herself into the world of the United States Marine Corps...

Saturday, September 10, 2011

...and Petrie Makes 3!

I mentioned in a previous blog that I was preparing Petrie to make the trek out here to Sacramento. Well, all in all, the move was a success! Petrie is alive and well and adjusting to the Spetz/Kelly household :)

I was most worried about the plane ride. I've never flown an animal before so I wasn't really sure what to expect. But the handlers were very friendly and promised to take care of my Petrie. I thought, "super! I'll just run up to security, get to the gate and get this show on the road". 5 hours...Petrie will be fine for 5 hours. But then I looked at the flight board and saw that the flight was delayed from 6:45pm to now 8:15. Ugh. I headed across the hall to Moe's for a tall beer (I cut off beer since Feb for the wedding, but in this case I needed one lol) and some food since I know United has the worst snack selection. FINALLY, it's time to fly. Luckily I had the extra leg room and I had the row of seats to myself. Bonus!  (Though I will say...I am REALLY disappointed in movie selection...Kung Fu Panda 2..REALLY?! Come on...)  The flight was pretty smooth for the most part. I kept thinking how Petrie must be terrified during take-off and landing, since he is TERRIFIED of thunderstorms. But he survived. :)

Matt picked us up and we came home to a very clean and rearranged apartment! I like the new changes, especially moving the big entertainment center into our bedroom across from our bed. Petrie has a new bed (Matt got him the Orthopedic Foam kind..so sweet!) and new toys. Surprisingly, Petrie has made himself at home and is his perky, barky self! I was worried he would be in a depressed mode for a while..but he's the Peach I know!

So far, he hasn't chewed up anything (knock on wood) and has only  had 1 or 2 accidents. For a dog who is a bit stressed still and in a new home, I don't blame him. Matt takes him for walks first thing in the morning and at night and so far I've taken him out about 3 times during the day. He needs to get out, especially since he doesn't have a yard.

Okayyyyy enough about the dog. The latest big news is...we have Matt's mother visiting us this weekend! She arrived super early this morning..so right now we are all just relaxing in the living room, getting motivated to venture out. Tomorrow we plan on going to Country in the Park...I love country music and cannot wait to go to the concert :)  The Marines will be working it too so it's the perfect feel and vibe to 9-11...lots of honor and pride and rememberance of that devastating day. Hoorah! Never Forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment