Everyone who knows me well, knows that I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read. One of my favorite things to do is find a good book, hightail it to the pool and just lounge in the sun, letting the whole world just melt away (while I melt away in the heat..ugh) and just get lost in a while new story.. It's my break from reality and I love it. :)
And as everyone else who knows me well knows, I love to read thrillers, mysteries, you know, those kinds of novels (the Kay Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell, Kathy Reichs novels, J.D. Robb the In Death series, and so on) But, every once in a while, and not often, I like to get into a good romance novel. (I know what you're thinking:Romance novel?! ICK!) But seriously, when I was in high school I would raid my oldest sister's book collection and she recommended a humorous romance novel written by Suzan Elizabeth Phillips. I think the first one I read was called "Baby of Mine" (which so far is still my favorite). Now, while they are technically romance...it's not all mushy gushy. It's quirky..you fall in love with the characters and you can pretty much relate. I read, like, 7 of them one summer.
I was feeling nostalgic yesterday while browsing through Matt's Nook (the e-reader similar to Kindle) and found a S.E.P. book I haven't read yet. The name of it's Honey Moon (in case you want to give it a shot). I'm 2/3 way through and I am on pins and needles with what happens next!! So far it's been sassy, quirky, sad (really sad), and these books have a way with frustrating the hell out of you! I am yelling in my head "WHY can't you see she loves you, fool!!" and "woman, speak up if you like him! Quit playing these games! Guys don't take hints..they're dense...ya gotta be straight up!" Ugh...but I love it. It's my guilty pleasure. These are the only novels I read in that category and they've yet to fail me. Bored one day? Give one a read. Let me know what you think :)

No comments:
Post a Comment