You ever have those dreams that just seem so real you have to double check yourself when you wake up to make sure you are still safe and sound in your snuggley bed? Well, I keep having those and they are the reoccurring kind. I'm one of those people who pay attention to signs. I sometimes read up on what a certain dream may mean. If I have a dream about holding a baby and can't seem to get a good grasp on it, I know it most likely means that in reality I feel there is a responsibility I have that is weighing me down, or I am afraid of. That's just a for instance.
Well, lately, the past few weeks I have had vivid dreams of being pregnant. I never, ever actually have the baby but I look down and all of a sudden I am four months pregnant. Sometimes, I'm seven. Sometimes, I find out it's "time" and I have to go to the hospital. Other times, I find out on a pregnancy stick and I panic about how I am going to tell Matt. I wake up every time and rub my hand on my stomach to make sure it was just a dream (though it doesn't help if I pigged out that night...I may actually feel like I'm a few months along! ha). It leaves a lingering thought in my head: What does it all mean? Does it mean that it's deep in my mind knowing that I'm now married and the next step the baby carriage? Does it mean that I am really ready and want to try soon? Does it mean that I'm, in reality, scared of getting pregnant? I don't know what it means. Maybe it's preparing me for the idea of it. I dream it enough, I get used to it, so when I find out in the real Lauren Land, it won't be so much of a shock or a panic moment. Does anyone else get these pregnancy dreams? Any insight?
While I'm on the topic of pregnancy, I'd like to mention that I find it amusing when one gets married one of the first questions people ask is, "SO...when are you guys going to start having babies?!" Ha ha..I know that's especially on my mom's mind (I don't blame her, she loves her grand-babies and wants more! She's a wonderful Nana so I am more than happy to give her more!). I know a lot of responses, when asked, are "we haven't even thought about it, we just got married! We're going to take our time." I have my answer prepared, since Matt and I have actually discussed when we may want to start building our family ( I know, serious stuff!). Originally, we decided that at the one-year mark we will have that serious discussion and see whatever doctor we need to see to make sure I am healthy and on the vitamins I need to be on (off birth control, of course) and then leave it in the hands of God.
Why wait a year? To some, a year is quick, to others it may seem like a long wait (on a side note, I was told by someone right before we got married that we should wait to have kids. I've been told this before by others, but their reasoning was so that we could enjoy one another and have a little fun. But, this person said "you should wait to have kids..not have them right away...to make sure you guys work out first. Really?! Well that's a vote of confidence in our love for each other! People...). Well, there is so much going on during this first year of us being hitched that the timing just doesn't seem to fit. I know what you may be thinking: you will never find a "right" time! Which, yes, life does throw a lot of curve balls such as not being completely financially prepared, the living situation, moving up in career, etc. But for us, I think it's more about the fact that we know we will be re-stationing late spring/early summer. What if we move to Hawaii? Japan? Across the country? I'd rather not be 7-8 months along for such a big potential move..packing, the actual physical trip, unpacking and then trying to nest? It's just so much! I think that's my main reason for waiting. After we move and get settled in, I think that's when I would like to have the talk with Matt. He is excited and ready and prepared whether it's tomorrow, five months, or a year from now (I think that's sweet!). The tough thing about military livin' is deployments (duh). Do we wait and see when he may deploy (since he finds out a few months in advance) or do we just chance it? It's a big and stressful decision. One, I guess, I will think about later. No sense in getting anxiety over it, now!
It's Sunday Funday for some, it's laundry and cleaning and baking for me. My best friend of 20ish years is coming into town Tuesday and I want the place to look nice (since it's the first home I've had outside of living with my parents...who I miss, by the way)!

No comments:
Post a Comment