We finally made it to Orlando!! Other than having issues with our designated transportation upon arrival, everything was a breeze! The flight was okay, not too much turbulance, and Matt and I shared a bottle of wine on the plane (sure did keep my nerves in check!) And the weather? The weather! It has been absolutely gorgeous compared to what the forecast said!! Even though we got in late last night, my family said it has been nice the past few days (phwew!).
Tonight we had dinner at the Animal Kingdom Lodge at an African inspired restaurant called Boma. It was actually pretty cool! Buffet style..they had SO many things to choose from! And the dessert..to die for! It was like they had a mini taste tester of everything..so I didn't feel so guilty placing 4-5 desserts on my plate lol. It was so great to finally see my family, including my sister, Janet, and her little family! It's been about two years since I've seen her, her husband, or my adorable niece, Kaidyn.
Tomorrow is reserved for Matt and I to run some errands. Can't really say what they are, at the moment, but it will take most of the afternoon. I'm hoping after to come back "home", relax with a glass of wine, and just zone out until all the festivities begin. Oh ya, the house! The house my parents rented is quite amazing. It's 7 bedrooms, it has a screened in large pool with a kiddie pool (shaped like Mickey Mouse) and also a hot tub. Each room has it's own bathroom, and most rooms are king sized beds. If not king, then it's a queen. Fully furnished, full kitchen..and the garage is renovated into an actual theater room with 6 or 7 leather lazy boy recliners, huge big screen tv (like at the movies almost! Though, obviously, not that quite large!). My only complaint? Our neighbors. There are like 10-15 people over there, most of them kids, and they blare their hiphop music outside until well past 2am. Maybe I'm getting old, but I find it rude to be so noisy, especially after 10pm. Where are their parents? Ugh.
Anyway, I'm going to head off and get into bed! Early day tomorrow (early for me, anyway..I'm still on west coast time!). I'm excited to see everyone in just a couple days!! Surprisingly I'm not all that nervous for the wedding day. It may sound silly but a little part of me is bummed because now that it's here, time will fly. Our wedding day will fly..our honeymoon will fly..and then we will be back home and I have to start working. LoL I know, I'm my own buzz kill!! But, I will definitely savor this time and these memories...yay! It's here, it's here!! And yay for sunny weather!!! Let's just hope it keeps it up all throughout Sunday. :) Fingers and toes crossed! xo

No comments:
Post a Comment