A princess throws herself into the world of the United States Marine Corps...

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Vitameatavegamin!


One thing that many people may not know about me is I am an avid I Love Lucy fan! Random, I know, but I found my collection of DVD's that I packed here and started watching them today. When I was young I used to watch TV Land on Nick @ Nite (if I remember correctly) and I would watch reruns of whatever summer block television show marathon that would be on. Mondays were Happy Days, Tuesdays were Bewitched, and Wednesdays were I Love Lucy.    Lucy Ricardo captured me! I know it sounds silly, but in that time in my life everything was carefree, easy, it was summer, and it was definitely the simple days. I wanted nothing more than to gather my nightly snacks and watch to see what crazy stunt that wily red-head had, especially to get in Ricky's shows!
Vitameatavegamin...This is one of my all-time favorite episodes lol

"tastes just like candy...honest!" <--I even have a coffee mug w. this quote inscribed inside :)

Sometimes when my days get a little stressful or I just want things to be simple again, I'll pop in a Lucy dvd and watch to my hearts content. It's just so funny to see how the shows were produced back then versus today. Not too much drama, they had pretty strict censorship rules..Lucy and Ricky had to have separate beds! They cheated the system and put their two beds together. They couldn't kiss for longer than a certain period time..I think longer than 4 seconds was even too racy! Crazy, huh? Definitely not like todays television. I don't know..I like the innocence of the quality and I always find myself reverting back to it when things in life get a little complicated. Just thought I'd share since it's now 1:30am and I just put in the first dvd of season 2 :)

Matt is the Ricky to my Lucy <3

2 comments:

  1. Hahahah lil talia I remember this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah this is by far one of the best episodes! Chris and I love to watch I love lucy...yes Chris.

    ReplyDelete