That Marine I speak of is Matt. He is truly my knight in shining armor. My best friend. My Devil Dog. My hero. My protector. He is the Mickey to my Minnie (you will also notice as time goes on how much I love Disney). He is the epitome of the perfect guy I have always searched for. He treats me like the princess I should be (in his words!) and makes me feel like I am for real "all that and a bag o' chips!"
We met in August of '09, got engaged exactly 1 year later, and will be tying that knot October 16,2011 at Walt Disney World!!! We spent the first year and a half of our relationship long distance. I'm talkin' California to Virginia. It was hard at times but since we knew we were each other's "ONE" we lived it day to day until the big day in January '11 when I finally graduated and moved out here to good ol' Sacramento!
I do miss home. I miss my family, my friends, and my dog, Petrie. I miss knowing all the good spots to hang out and knowing where the dangerous parts of town are. I miss being able to call a girlfriend up on a whim and going out for dinner/drinks/karaoke/etc. It's hard getting adjusted in a town where you are completely unfamiliar with. Sure, I've made some new friends and acquaintances, but it sure seems hard to actually plan to go out. I'm the new girl. I'm Matt's fiance. I guess in time the "friend" part of the move out here will get better. I'll get back to you on that!
There is still so much to see and do in this city before Matt's time here is up next May/June and we head off to our next adventure. I plan on scouring Sacramento for all it's worth and taking,hopefully, many, many, amazing memories with me. Let the memories begin!! --Hoorahhhh!!

OMG! I love this! Follow me too:) xoxoxoxox
ReplyDeleteAwww love it Lauren :) Love the background!!!
ReplyDelete