A princess throws herself into the world of the United States Marine Corps...

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

June on the West Coast

Can you believe it is June already?! Time is just breezin' on by.  I love the summertime. It's sunny. It's warm/hot. Everyone is motivated to get out and do something. I love that here on the west coast there is little to no humidity..and it's great! I am definitely going to soak it up while I can because in about 26 days or so we are landing on the Island of Humid (wonderful..).

So now that we are back from the east coast fun, what's next?  Well, as of now we are living with a Captain friend of ours who works with the hubby.  He insisted we move in so we can save money by not paying rent on the apartment plus utilities. I believe we are in West Sacramento which is really close to downtown (which means cheaper cabs!).  The house is nice and it's so great having a real bed and a stocked kitchen! It's still the hubs, nephew and I so it's a pretty full house. We found a show to watch marathon style as a "family" in the evenings so that's been fun. Break out the wine, beer, what-have-you.

This weekend the Mr. and I are driving to Santa Cruz for our friend's wedding! I  have never been and I hear there are beaches (score!) so we are leaving first thing Saturday morning that way we can hit up a beach before getting ready for the ceremony.  Next weekend is a free weekend, the weekend after we have our Reno going away party which I'm pretty excited for! The following weekend we have a retirement ceremony to attend, then a few days after that we start our drive up to Seattle to get on our flight to Oki (the drive is not mandatory, we thought a little alone time road trip and saving Petrie hours on a flight in his carrier would be a good idea!)!

In the meantime I'm just trying to sit back and relax until I have to pack up my stuff (again!) and deal with the stresses of moving to a new area (where are we living? what should I paint the walls? when is our stuff arriving? what is happening with Petrie and the quarantine process? when can I get my Okinawa license and a car for that matter!? job? friends? closest store? snake and bug security? the list can go on and on..). We still have to sell the car, which Matt found a pretty great deal at Carmax, I'd like to make it to the gym more often and see as much of the friends as possible.  It's crazy to think in a month from now I would have been living the island life for a day already!  Yikes!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment