A princess throws herself into the world of the United States Marine Corps...

Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Surprise?? For Moi??

I would like to state that I have a pretty darn amazing hubby! All last week he was telling me that on Saturday (yesterday) I have to get up early so we can go and watch a rugby game at Sac State followed by a BBQ at one of the other Captain's house (the BBQ, I was excited for...the whole waking up early thing, I was not). So, Saturday comes around, I get up early, throw on clothes that I think will be suitable for both a game and an outdoors BBQ and we head out. I notice after a while we are entering a neighborhood that looks familiar (it happened to be a friend of ours) and we pull up in a driveway. I am told we are just picking this friend up on the way since he came along with us last weekend to this Captain's house. Okay, fine, no biggie.  We are sitting around for a minute or two and then Kyle (our friend) offers to pop some champagne before heading out.  Now that shot up a red flag for me. Champagne? Before a manly rugby game? And so early in the morning? After the look I see Matt send Kyle I then notice that they were up to something. And I was right! Minutes later some other friends of ours start walking in the front door. Apparently, Matt got everyone in cahoots to meet at the house and then be on our way to Lodi Wineries for some wine tasting (which is funny because I suggested on Thursday or Friday that we go this weekend)!


There was a group of about 8 of us and it was so much fun! We visited maybe 4 (more or less) wineries that we have yet to venture to over the course of the living here. I don't know why we haven't checked these places out in the past..the owners/employees were super nice and were actually very informative about their wine selections. One of the wineries apparently holds a silent movie night once a month and have this amazing guy come out and play the organ to the movie (the organ was one that was built for movie music and sound effects). Along with that the establishment serves wine, snacks, popcorn, etc. Fun! I totally want to go one day before we move!


After much wine tasting, the group moved along to Outback for dinner (I was craving cheesefries!). We had a couple drinks, ate great food, and enjoyed our company. After that, we called it a night. Man, wine really makes one sleepy!! I could hardly keep my eyes open on the drive home (Matt drove, not me!)!  So, that was my amazing birthday surprise spent with Matt and some great friends! And they all did a great job at keeping it a secret! I think that surprises me more than the surprise itself (haha!) 

1 comment: